Installing & Configuring CouchPotato
CouchPotato is a movie release watcher that will search for a list of movies you provide it with and download them when they become available. You can create custom searches to ensure that you only have the best quality copy of a movie and even set reminders for future movies that are not yet in theaters. The best part about it is that, all things considered, it’s pretty easy to install!
You must have an NZBMatrix VIP Account
1. First things first, you need to go to couchpotatoapp.com and click the link that says OSX & Linux. You will download a .zip file with the necessary files.
2. Unzip the file you just downloaded, rename it from RuudBurger-CouchPotato-590a173 to “CouchPotato”, and move it to your ‘Applications’ folder.
3. Open the CouchPotato folder and open the CouchPotato application. It may take several seconds for it to load, at which point it will open up in your preferred browser’s window.
Before you can actually download anything, you will have to change a few options around so that CouchPotato can tell SABnzbd+ to download the files to the right place…
4. Click on the little gear icon at the top of the screen next to the the ‘Logs’ menu item. Once loaded, select the ‘General’ tab on the far left. We now want to change a few options around as seen below:
Search every: Change from 24 to 1.
5. Next we want to click on the ‘Downloaders’ tab and change the option to the following:
Retention: Varies, 500 is safe.
Download to: Change to ‘Sabnzbd’
Apikey: Go to SABnzbd > Config > General. You should see it. Copy/Paste it here.
Username: SABnzbd+ Username
Password: SABnzbd+ Password
6. Click on the ‘Providers’ tab. If you don’t yet have an NZBMatrix account, now would be a good time to signup for a VIP membership. But if you have an account at any of the other NZB sites that are listed just select the checkbox and enter the appropriate info. The more sites you enter the more places that your movies can be searched for.
Congratulations! You now have a working installation of CouchPotato. Now when it finds one of yours selected movies it will send it to SABnzbd+ to download automatically. You are probably thinking, “um, we haven’t added any movies yet,” and you would be right… so lets do that!
Adding a Movie
7. At the top right of the main screen is a search box. Type in the name of the movie that you would like and click the ‘Add’ button, don’t worry about the quality pulldown menu just yet.
8. You should now be presented with the name of your movie in a pulldown menu. If the movie you selected has the correct name and year, click on the quality pulldown menu and select the quality you want the movie in. If the movie shown is not the correct movie, click on it and select the right movie from the pull down. Then select your quality and click add.
9. Finally, you should now see that your movie has been added to your queue. Click the ‘Manage’ tab from the top of the page to see all of the movies in your queue.
10. Success! Now all you need to do is wait until it can find your film in the desired quality and then you just need to make some popcorn